Each year, Agency Consulting Group, Inc. assists many agencies to acquire, merge or divest. We can help you locate candidates or work with candidates that you have already selected. We can represent your agency in negotiations – or – upon approval of both parties, we can mediate the process, working for both (or all) entities in the transaction. In the latter case, our goal is to create a Win/Win scenario with an option to terminate the transaction if one party would be harmed. Within this consultation are the following services:
Search & Screen – locating agencies for sale, available to merge or desirous of a purchase
Agency Analysis – perform the “due diligence” to assure that the target agency is operating as represented
Cash Flow Analysis – Defines acquisition and merger cash flow to identify economies of scale and ability to sponsor the acquisition or merger.
Agency Valuation – create the Fair Market Valuation for the precise transaction in process
Negotiations – The wise agent never negotiates on his own behalf. Should a roadblock occur, the agent must either yield or walk away. Using a negotiator permits studied counter-offers without offending either party.
Facilitation – In mediation cases in which we facilitate, rather than negotiate, we coordinate the needs and requirements of each party to a logical middle-ground.
Letter Of Intent – This document, in plain English, defines the agreement between the two parties and is prepared to guide the attorneys in their contract design.
Implementation – How to tell the customers, carriers, employees; Integration of operations and systems; problem resolution
Related PIPELINE articles:
- A GUIDE TO SELLING AN AGENCY
- ACQUISITION ‘LOOK-BACK’ PROVISIONS TO ASSURE FINANCIAL ACCURACY
- Asset Sales To BE Taxed In The Year Of The Sale
- D I V O R C E
- GUARANTEEING THE PAYMENTS FOR AN AGENCY SALE
- GUARANTEEING THE PAYMENTS TO A SELLING OWNER LIQUIDITY TESTING
- HOW ARE CONTINGENCIES TREATED IN THE TRANSITION OF AGENCY OWNERSHIP IN THE FIRST YEAR?
- Installment Sales Are Back – New Law Change
- Is Innovation Impossible in The Insurance Business?
- Limited Liability Corporations
- MONDAY MORNING: BUYER URGENCY—THE KEY TO SELLING LARGER ACCOUNTS
- NEGOTIATING FOR AN INSURANCE AGENCY
- PERPETUATING AGENCIES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MERGER FOR PERPETUATION AND AN ACQUISITION IN DISGUISE
- Perpetuation Or Succession?
- Perpetuation Planning – Planting People
- R.I.P. Retired In Place
- The Baby Boomer Business Owner
- The Tale of Two Family Businesses
- Webinar: Today’s Market for Mergers and Acquisitions
- What Makes A Great Agency?
- What To Do When An Owner Retires
- When A Career Turns Into A Life Sentence
- When It’s Time To Say Good-Bye